* Parent’s Choice Gold Award
* Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice Award
Fish School is a cute app that teaches basic preschool concepts using colorful fish. Watch the bright fish create letters, numbers, shapes, and more while following the alphabet song, counting, and other narration.
The developers of this app paired up with the highly recognized and praised nonprofit company Khan Academy. This speaks highly to their reputation and high standards of delivering education. Fish School is an app that validates that. Perfectly tailored toward preschool-aged kids, the simplicity of it allows for focused learning while encouraging creative and imaginative play.
There are no levels to this learning app, and users can switch from shapes to letters or anything else at any time. There is a “play” option where the fish can be tapped, moved around and played with. It offers a nice balance of learning and playing.
This fun, interactive learning app is a great starter tool to introduce fundamental concepts to eager little learners.
Available for download through iTunes, Google Play, and Amazon Appstore. (Only tested on an iPhone.)
- LETTERS: Learn ABCs by watching the fish make letters
- NUMBERS: Recognize numbers and learn to count from 1 to 20
- SHAPES: Follow the fish as they form different shapes
- COLORS: Select a swimming fish of any color, and watch the ocean become that color
- DIFFERENCES: Identify which fish doesn’t belong
- MATCHING: Find the matching fish
- PLAY: Touch, tap and drag colorful fish to make them do funny things
- MUSIC: Listen to classical variations of the ABC Song
Members can view more content, create wishlists, and much more!
Click here to become a member!