Phonics Ninja is a good app for practicing sounds of different letters and different blends of letters. I would suggest this game to young children who have some understanding of the sounds different letters make. The app doesn’t necessarily teach the sounds, however with enough repetition; they will become easy to recognize.
In this app, you will play your way through customizable levels and earn stars based on correct answers. The goal is to slash the letter or combination of letters that match the sound given. The levels can be customized by an adult to either easy, medium or hard. You can also change the time each level is played for. There are options for one minute all the way up to ten minutes. On the easy level, only one letter or letter combo is placed on the screen at a time and it travels down the screen slowly. This gives the user enough time to slash it before it falls to the bottom of the screen. It also minimizes any confusion by only presenting the letter(s) of the sound given. If you choose to increase the difficulty, the letters come across the screen quicker, and they are amongst other letters and letter combinations, making it harder to decipher.
This is a fun app that kids can play that actually teaches them something while giving them a game-like experience.
Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
• Slice your way through all lowercase letters by sound
• Slice your way through all phonic blends including bl, br, cl, cr, dr, fl, fr, gl, gr, pl, pr, sc, sk, sl, sm, sn, sp, st, sw & tr
• Slice your way through all phonic digraphs including ch, ck, gh, gn, kn, ng, ph, qu, sh, th, wh, wr & tch (trigraph)
• You decide what to focus on – turn individual categories ON or OFF from the settings page. Just press on the ON / OFF button. You can also turn individual letter and phonic sounds ON and OFF within each category.
• Learn by sight, sound, and touch
• Fun gameplay, sounds, and animations keep kids engaged
• Dynamic gameplay adjusts difficulty (the number of sight words) automatically based on player skills to keep kids both challenged and entertained vs. getting bored
• Supports 3 difficulty settings: EASY, MEDIUM, or HARD
Members can view more content, create wishlists, and much more!
Click here to become a member!