If you are looking for a way to help kids understand and recognize body language and emotions, look no further. Touch and Learn Emotions is an app that will appeal to children with its relatable photos. Each screen shows four photos. The user is asked to choose the one that shows the given emotion (the emotion is narrated, therefore knowing how to read is not a requirement). With every correct answer, a positive acknowledgment is given.
I find this app particularly useful for those who have special needs. It helps teach the recognition of different emotional states, which is a skill set that may otherwise be harder to obtain for some. It is a great tool to help develop the ability to spot and become familiar with facial expressions and body language. The app is fully customizable, with the ability to record your own voice and edit which concepts are taught.
Available for download through iTunes. (Only tested on an iPhone.)
- 100+ gorgeous photos keep kids engaged and wanting more
- The app is fun, simple, and easy to use
- Kids love hearing everything in mommy’s or daddy’s voice
- Wrong answers do not interfere with gameplay
- The app is super easy to customize so you and adjust everything to your liking
- You can turn individual concepts ON or OFF and introduce one new emotion at a time
- The app is super easy to use for kids of all ages and all abilities
- You can add new concepts (feelings, actions, etc.) in one click
Members can view more content, create wishlists, and much more!
Click here to become a member!